Friday, February 27, 2009

Veruschka!

Vera Gräfin von Lehndorff-Steinort (born in East Prussia 1939) was a popular model, artist, and actress. the height to the Verushka obsession occured in the 1960s. You haven't seen models as art until you've seen Veruska. She slyly blends in with colorful backgrounds, disguises herself as animals, and so on. Often she wears nothing but bodypaint; a trend that's been going more mainstream in the modeling world since the '70s - she was the first person to do that. She worked with Salvador Dali once!

"I was always being different types of women. I copied Ursula Andress, Brigitte Bardot, Greta Garbo. Then I got bored so I painted myself as an animal."

The best photos of her (of course, the ones that cannot be uploaded onto a blog or anywhere else... Can be found HERE.